Gracewell of Edgbaston to Tackle Loneliness this Christmas
Gracewell of Edgbaston, on Speedwell Road, are excited to be a part of Gracewell Healthcare’s campaign to open up its communities to older people who face spending Christmas Day alone this festive season.
The community, which provides high-quality residential, nursing and dementia care, will be providing a warm environment for all by inviting residents, friends, family and the local community along to its busy calendar of Yuletide events, including:
- 7 December, 11am-4pm: Winter Wonderland Roof Top Terrace – join a Christmas sing along with beer, wine, hot chocolate, marshmallows, pancakes and more!
- 11 December, 11:30am: Nishkam School Choir – enjoy a festive performance from local schoolchildren.
- 14 December, 11am: Christmas Jumper Day - donate £2 to wear a Christmas jumper and support the anti-loneliness campaign and international charity Save the Children whilst enjoying a special guitar performance.
- 21 December, 10am-2pm: Reindeers Visit Gracewell of Edgbaston
- 24 December, 11am: Christmas Karaoke – staff will be joining in to get residents and guests up and dancing.
Gracewell of Edgbaston hopes that the events will demonstrate its commitment to supporting causes and aims that make a real difference to local people’s lives.
Jazz Lalli, Home Admissions Adviser at Gracewell of Edgbaston, said:
“With loneliness a serious reality for older people, Gracewell of Edgbaston understands the importance of companionship in ensuring happiness and fulfilment.
"We look forward to welcoming new friends to ensure the festive season offers a safe and warm environment to all.”
To find out more, call 01217 286508 or visit www.gracewelledgbaston.co.uk/.